In Foppenico of Caloziocorte, on the fringe of the ancient Valle San Martino, there is Lavello Sanctuary. Its origins goes very far in the past. The story goes that in 1014, beside a high-class castle, there was a small church dedicated to the Virgin.
In 1480, on occasion of the enlargement of the church, an hermit discovered a sarcophagus and a spring which revealed to be miraculous. From then on, there have been many prodigious events attributed to the Madonna.