Palazzo Creberg

Palazzo Creberg

Description

From a convent to an Economic and Exhibition Centre that hosts important art exhibitions: The history of Palazzo Creberg has really changed over the centuries!

Built in 1427 by the Franciscan Friars together with the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, it has had several uses: it was a shelter for the destitute and also a military hospital, during the First World War.

In 1928 it became the main branch of Piccolo Credito Bergamasco, a banking institution that still today, albeit with a different name (Banco BPM), remains one of the city's landmarks.

Frescoed and adorned with mosaics and sculptures by great Bergamasco artists during the 20th century, it is also home to the cultural and exhibition activities of the Creberg Foundation. The foundation organises important artistic exhibitions, supporting above all local artists who have stayed and worked in Bergamo. Additionally, in the Palazzo’s Council Chamber, the Foundation restores artistic masterpieces that are then exhibited to the public.


Continue

From a convent to an Economic and Exhibition Centre that hosts important art exhibitions: The history of Palazzo Creberg has really changed over the centuries!

Built in 1427 by the Franciscan Friars together with the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, it has had several uses: it was a shelter for the destitute and also a military hospital, during the First World War.

In 1928 it became the main branch of Piccolo Credito Bergamasco, a banking institution that still today, albeit with a different name (Banco BPM), remains one of the city's landmarks.

Frescoed and adorned with mosaics and sculptures by great Bergamasco artists during the 20th century, it is also home to the cultural and exhibition activities of the Creberg Foundation. The foundation organises important artistic exhibitions, supporting above all local artists who have stayed and worked in Bergamo. Additionally, in the Palazzo’s Council Chamber, the Foundation restores artistic masterpieces that are then exhibited to the public.


Not to be missed in this area

La Fricca - Il Ristorante

Il Fontanile Relais B&B

Porta Nuova

OROBIE 4 TREKKING

Coccinella Holiday House

Ristorante "Trattoria del Sole"

LA DELIZIA

Across Bergamo - Elisabetta Campanini

Montagna da vivere – The Orobie in photographs by Tito Terzi

From November 06, 2020 at January 31, 2021

Montagna da vivere – The...

Piazza Mercato del Fieno, 6a, 24129 Bergamo, Bergamo
Donizetti Theatre

Botton d'oro Pelabrocco

Mountain Guide – Mauro Scanzi