Church of S. Vigilio • • Visit Bergamo

Church of S. Vigilio

Description

Built at the beginning of the eighth century after the bishop of Trentino's alleged stay in the hills of Bergamo, in the thirteenth century it was managed by the Dominican friars and in the fourteenth century by the Order of the Humiliated, abolished two centuries later.

Renovated in 1512, it assumed its present appearance with the construction work carried out in the eighteenth and twentieth centuries that included the addition of a panoramic terrace overlooking the Lower Town and the western hills.


Continue

Built at the beginning of the eighth century after the bishop of Trentino's alleged stay in the hills of Bergamo, in the thirteenth century it was managed by the Dominican friars and in the fourteenth century by the Order of the Humiliated, abolished two centuries later.

Renovated in 1512, it assumed its present appearance with the construction work carried out in the eighteenth and twentieth centuries that included the addition of a panoramic terrace overlooking the Lower Town and the western hills.