Stone in the Gallina district

Description

This grey marble plaque placed here in 1329 was renovated in 1696. Somewhat illegible from the very start, it commemorates the cleaning of the Vasi aqueduct, commissioned by the municipal podesta' Beccaro Beccaris.

The works concerned the stretch of the aqueduct in the village of Castagneta, up to the ancient gate of Sant'Alessandro (slightly further down from today's Colle Aperto).