The four doors that open along the perimeter of the walls are named, except for the gate of Sant’Agostino, after neighbouring churches, demolished in order to build the walls, including the early Christian basilica of Sant’Alessandro.
The facade of the Gate of San Giacomo (1593), facing Lower Bergamo, features the lion of San Marco.
The stone bridge was built in 1780 by the Podestà Alvise Contarini.
From September 28, 2016 at January 29, 2017
SHOW ALL THE DATES